For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. Romans
Comments, thoughts and reflections welcome.
LORD, who may abide in Your tabernacle?
Who may dwell in Your holy hill?
He who walks uprightly,
And works righteousness,
And speaks the truth in his heart;
He who does not backbite with his tongue,
Nor does evil to his neighbor,
Nor does he take up a reproach against his friend;
In whose eyes a vile person is despised,
But he honors those who fear the LORD;
He who swears to his own hurt and does not change;
He who does not put out his money at usury,
Nor does he take a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things shall never be moved.
1. Our walk is blameless.
2. Our walk is righteous.
Both are true when we accept the cleansing of the blood of Christ and are made a new creature.
3. Our words are true.
4. We do not spread lies about others.
5. We do good only, to our neighbor.
6. We build up; we do not tear down others.
7. We despise, meaning to turn away from a vile person, we do not follow them.
8. We honor those who fear the Lord.
9. We keep our word when it is given.
10. When it comes to money, we lend at a reasonable rate and refuse bribes.
Can we claim this list is a description of who we are and what we do?
“…LORD, who may abide in Your tabernacle?
Who may dwell in Your holy hill?…”
What is our motivation? Is it the love of God in us or just obligation? When we love God completely with all of our being and it overflows into love for our fellow man/woman, we will be unshaken; for our trust is in Him and it shows.